Longshore Claims

As a longshore lawyer in New Orleans, I am dedicated to helping you get the benefits you are entitled to by longshore law. You will have my full attention for your case, and you won’t pay me anything unless we win.

Longshore claims fall under the federal Longshore and Harbor Workers Compensation Act. These are typically people who work on or near the water,  in shipbuilding,  repairing ships and other vessels, loading vessels, unloading vessels, diving, and similar types of jobs.

Initial decisions are important. You want to protect all of your rights. I will help you understand how
your decisions could affect your case, so if you were injured at work, contact my office as soon as possible to understand your rights and how we can work together to protect them.

Please schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your situation. I have convenient office hours,
and I am happy to meet with you in the hospital or your home if you are unable to travel to my office.

Your Rights under the Longshore and Habor Workers Compensation Act

If you have been injured at work, you deserve to be compensated fairly. Your employer or their insurance company is required to pay for:

  • Medical treatment and prescription medication
  • Travel expenses going to and from the doctor and pharmacy
  • Weekly wages benefits
  • Medical attention from a specialist such as an orthopedist, surgeon, psychiatrist or neurologist if necessary

There are also certain actions that employers and their insurance companies are not allowed to take.
If your employer has threatened to do or has done any of these things, contact my office as soon as possible to learn how I can help you get the compensation you deserve:

  • Fire you for filing a workers’ compensation claim
  • Force you to go back to work if your doctors say that you are unable to work
  • Refuse to pay for recommended medical treatment or prescription medicines
  • Force you to only see the company doctor