Practice Areas

If you are in need of New Orleans worker’s comp, longshore, or personal injury claims attorney, as well as notary public services, please call me. If you were hurt at work, I can help.

If you were injured or hurt on the job, you may have found yourself recently dealing with a large number of physical, emotional and economic hardships. For instance, perhaps you have endured disability, been unable to work, had medical expenses, or suffered scars or wounds to your body. No matter what you are currently going through, if you were hurt at work, I am the attorney that can help. As an experienced attorney, in both personal injury and worker’s comp, I can help you file a worker’s compensation claim or lawsuit. You can also turn to me if you need any New Orleans notary public services.

If you’ve been hurt at work, it can affect your life in lots of ways.  You may not be able to work and earn a paycheck and you could be faced with expensive medical bills.  Your employer might refuse to pay you what is rightfully yours or refuse to pay for your medical treatment or your prescription costs.

Many employers and their insurance companies don’t tell injured workers everything they need to know. So who do you trust when you have been hurt at work? You need someone on your side to protect your workers’ compensation rights.  Workers Comp claims have special laws and rules, and you need an attorney with the knowledge and experience to help you get everything you are entitled to.

We offer services including:

Know Your Rights

The insurance company and your employer might not give you all of the information that you need.  For example, injured workers are frequently told that they have to visit the company doctor. You should know that you have the right to choose your own physician.  This is one of the most important steps you will take, and if you do not choose a good doctor, it could affect the rest of your claim.  I have been a workers compensation attorney for many years and will work closely with you to get you to the best doctor.

The company might also refuse to pay you workers comp checks.  You are entitled to workers comp checks if your doctor says you cannot work due to your work injury, and if the company refuses to pay you, you may need my advice.  We might also have to file a workers compensation lawsuit with the Louisiana Workforce Commission.    These claims have to be filed quickly, so call my office right away so that we can file your claim and get the process started efficiently.

You have other rights that you may not be aware of — for instance, did you know you are entitled to get reimbursed for your transportation to doctors, hospitals, and pharmacies?  And did you know you are entitled to have the company pay for your related prescription drugs?

Don’t give up if your claim has been denied. Contact my office at (504) 324-8988 to schedule a free initial consultation to find out how I can help you.